Frontier Construction Products Ltd. is the preferred supplier to many of the top companies in the Western Canadian construction industry. With over 50 years of management experience in the drainage and fabrication industry, in addition to our unrelenting focus on providing superior products with exceptional service and unbiased expertise, you’ll be in good hands every step of the way.
About Frontier Construction Products Ltd.
As specialists in the Western Canadian market, we are uniquely positioned to provide versatile, cost-effective solutions to the challenges posed by tight budgets and stringent timelines common in our market. Frontier’s modern equipment and knowledgeable staff work in sync to ensure that your products meet the stringent CSA G401 specification.
This flexibility and dedication to ongoing excellence has resulted in our preferred supplier status with a wide range of clients in the municipal, civil, forestry and oilfield roadbuilding industries.
Whether your requirement is standard or custom, we would be pleased to be of service to you.
From our strategically located manufacturing facility in Thorsby, Alberta, we are able to ship to your location or job site on short notice via our dedicated delivery service, always on standby for urgent shipments throughout Alberta. In addition, we have also partnered with several leading freight companies to ensure the best combination of flexible and efficient delivery options throughout the western provinces. You can rest assured that your product will be delivered safely and on time, every time!
Corrugated Steel Pipe (CSP)
Corrugated steel pipe is the correct choice for a wide range of drainage and pass-through applications. Typical applications include roads, underpasses, conduits, caissons, cisterns, wells, and small bridges. Steel culverts are popular because they are lightweight, low cost, and are easy to install. They can be cut to your required length and can also be bevelled to conform to the roadside slope.
We offer CSP in diameters ranging from 150mm-3600mm and lengths suited to your needs. In addition to diameter and length, we offer three additional customization options (thickness, profile and coating type) to perfectly suit your application/requirements.
Annular couplers come in two widths – single wide (1 foot) and double-wide (2 foot) and are used to attach culverts with re-corrugated ends. Dimpled couplers are also available in the single wide and double wide options and are best suited for culverts that have been cut to length in the field.
Geofabrics and related products are widely accepted as essential support for many civil engineering applications to filter, stabilize, reinforce, separate, drain and isolate soils, erosion or contamination. In many cases, geotextiles replace or reduce the need to use natural aggregate construction materials providing both economic and environmental benefits.
We can provide comprehensive products and support to fulfill all of your geotextile requirements, from wovens and non-wovens to geogrid, straw blankets, and silt fence.
Guardrails are used to minimize accident severity, personal injuries, and property damage by helping to keep vehicles on the road in the event of loss of control and/or collision. We supply standard W-Beam and Thrie Beam guardrail, in addition to a wide variety of related accessories to meet your job requirements. These materials meet AASHTO M180 and CSA G164 specifications. This product can be customized to fit any application, including those which require concave and convex designs.
Leveraging over 50 years of management experience in the drainage and fabrication industry in Western Canada, we are uniquely qualified and capable of understanding the specific circumstances and conditions present throughout our market, allowing us to react promptly and professionally, each and every time.
From our strategically located manufacturing facility in Thorsby, Alberta, we are able to ship to your location or job site on short notice via our dedicated delivery service, always on standby for urgent shipments throughout Alberta.
As a family-run business, we have built strong long-term business relationships based on honesty and equitable business practices. We strive each day to provide a more personal, yet extremely professional approach to quickly and effectively analyzing our customer’s needs. We pride ourselves on being able to react to situations quickly and effectively, solving problems without the burden of “red tape” so common in larger organizations, helping us to maintain a consistently high standard of customer service and timely product delivery.
Our shop will fabricate custom fittings to meet the specific requirements of your project, including elbows, wyes, tees, reducers, saddles, manhole risers and fish baffles. Send us your drawings or requirements, and leave the rest up to us!
Have more questions? Contact us using any of the methods below.
Corrugated Steel Pipe (CSP) Customization Options
We offer CSP in diameters ranging from 300mm-3600mm and lengths suited to your needs. In addition to diameter and length, we offer three additional customization options (thickness, profile and coating type) to perfectly suit your application/requirements.
- 1.6mm (16 ga.)
- 2.0mm (14 ga.)
- 2.8mm (12 ga.)
- 3.5mm (10 ga.)
Available Corrugation Profiles:
- 68mm x 13mm (150mm-2400mm diameter) is the standard corrugation that meets most requirements.
- 125mm x 25mm (1200mm-3600mm diameter) is used for applications that require more strength or height of cover requirements.
- Z610 (610 g/m^2) CSP is our standard coated steel pipe and is the result of treating uncoated steel with a hot-dip zinc galvanization process that forms a durable barrier over the base steel, offering a typical service life of 50+ years. In addition to the protection offered by the zinc coating, calcium attracted from naturally hard groundwater can aid in developing an additional protective barrier as mineral scale on the surface of the pipe. Although the zinc coating will corrode slowly over time, the base steel is protected as long as any of the zinc coating is present.
- Z275 (275 g/m^2) CSP is a light galvanized commercial steel pipe that is used for applications with a shorter service life requirement. Due to the considerable reduction in zinc required in the coating process, Z275 is often extremely attractive from cost/benefit standpoint in temporary applications, such as oilfield lease roads or forestry applications.
- Aluminized (Type 2) CSP is an aluminum coated steel pipe offering a typical service life of 75+ years, suitable for use in a wide range of harsh or adverse environments, such as storm sewer and drainage projects. By combining the natural corrosion resistance and surface characteristics of commercially pure aluminum with the strength, durability and cost advantages of corrugated steel pipe, in addition to the additional protective barrier provided by the naturally-occurring aluminum oxide film, Aluminized Type 2 CSP can be an extremely durable and cost-effective alternative to reinforced concrete pipe.
- Polymer Laminated CSP is an extremely heavy-duty coated steel pipe, designed for the most demanding of applications, and offering a typical service life of 100+ years. This exceptional durability is achieved by laminating a heavy-gauge film (min 10mm thick) to the inside and outside surfaces of our standard Z610 galvanized steel pipe. Due to the lightweight nature of polymer film, our Polymer Laminated CSP is often chosen over concrete and asphalt-coated pipe, due to the reduced transportation costs and ease of handling/installation. Furthermore, our Polymer Laminated CSP is designed to withstand the effects of virtually all corrosive materials found in storm drains and culvert systems, including acids, salts and alkaline.
Please inquire if you have any questions regarding the proper coating for your application.